Saturday, January 7, 2012

DIY Hex Nut Bracelet




This DIY has been tucked away in my "to do" folder for a while, and I finally got the chance to give it a try when I had some friends over a couple of days ago for a crafting/baking/pampering "girls" day.

The ingredient list for this project couldn't be any simpler: 18 small brass hex nuts (that you can purchase online here or from your local hardware store), a ball of twine and a little patience. I will definitely be making more of these cute little bracelets in the future.




I decided to add a lobster clasp to an end of my bracelet, because I couldn't see any easy way to take it on and off. (I would love to use these antique brass clasps next time instead of the clashing silver ones I found in an old jewelry kit.)



I am still on the hunt for a better way to connect the two ends of this bracelet. The lobster clasp worked, but it didn't provide as clean of a finish as I'd like. What would you suggest as a clasp for this DIY?

View directions (along with lots of large photos for all of you visual people out there like myself) here.

post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They are truly appreciated :)