I've been living in these striped, grey TOMS this break. They are so comfy and convenient... but I can't help looking down every once and a while and thinking about how funny they look. What do you guys think of TOMS?
Sorry for being absent for these last few months, but senior year has had me running around like a crazy person. Luckily I'm on spring break now (can you say "finally!"), so I get to take a little breather.
While I was away, two big things happened. I had a birthday and... I got my very own DSLR camera! It's a Canon Rebel T3i and it's my new obsession! So expect lots of new photos coming your way :)
Guess what? I joined the track team! I've always loved running, so I decided to give it a try, and I'm really enjoying it (even though daily practices leave me busier and more tired than normal).
I have a couple of new pieces/new outfits that I am really excited to share with you guys, but I just haven't gotten the chance to take photos of them yet. I promise an outfit post by the end of the week! And stay tuned tomorrow for a post about the Oscars.
1. A set of makeup brushes (that I've finally gotten around to cleaning)! Side note: Check out Michelle Phan's recipe for brush cleaner here . I used her method and it really works!
2. Beach weekend with my best friend that felt like it flew by. (Is anyone else ready for summer?)
3. A city shot, taken a few weeks ago after walking out of a play with my family.
4. Weekend bike rides with friends :)
This video is so charming and gorgeous. I found it around a year ago and was completely obsessed with the vintage colors and textures. Luckily I happened to stumble across it recently and was re-reminded of my love for Kate Spade's wonderful, colorful videos. Check out more at Kate Spade New York's YouTube channel here :)
I made this quick quinoa salad for lunch yesterday and thought I would share it with you guys.
I used this recipe from skinny taste for the veggie and black bean portion of the salad, but eyeballed all of the measurements to my liking. I then poured cooked quinoa over the top and voila!, a convenient on-the-go lunch that's packed with protein.
I was just given a blog award by Julie from Love Cordelia! I feel so honored to have been chosen :)
There are 3 rules to this award:
(for myself, as well as the bloggers I picked below)
1. Thank the person that gave you the award and link it back in your blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Give this award to 15 other bloggers and let them know about it
7 things about myself:
1. I'm still a high school student :)
2. My favorite color is blue (and sometimes yellow).
3. I am a fruit fanatic. (My favorite? Bananas. I eat at least one a day... sometimes more...)
4. I chose to name my blog Saturday Style because Saturday's are arguably the best day of the week. I get to sleep in and spend time with friends, and this is often the day I have the most free time to devote to enjoying fashion and food!
5. I'm not really a fan of most candy, but I could never turn down a peppermint.
6. I've had the opportunity to travel to five of the seven continents with my family, who I love more than anything.
7. I'm heading to college next year. (Wish me luck!)
I went to a play with my family yesterday, and it gave me an excuse to get a little dressed up and wear my new (favorite) shirt from H&M with a peplum bottom. I felt a little bit like Jacklyn Kennedy (if only) with this top and these fun heels! (Forgive the grainy image, it was late.)
The weather has improved! (But still not enough so that I can wear this skirt without leggings like I've been longing to for the past few months since I bought it!) I'm not sure if you can tell, but this skirt is leather... and I LOVE it. I was initially drawn to it because of the fun, swingy shape and then fell even more in love with it when I realized it was faux leather. You don't see a skirt like this everyday! (And that's probably what I most like about it J.)